Anniversary Disasters to Avoid While Planning The Party
Failing to plan an anniversary is planning a failed anniversary!
Being the host, the entire responsibility of the anniversary party falls on you.
After the wedding, the anniversary is the most important day in a couple’s life.
So, you have to avoid the most common anniversary disasters to avoid on your wedding anniversary. Let’s check out what are they.
Last minute goof ups when hosts are not ready, but guests are already in
- Food prepared for the guests might get spoiled or get wasted due to any unforeseen situation. The hosts must always guard the food to prevent any mishap. Having a backup arrangement with the nearby restaurant might save the party.
- If anniversary gifts are not allowed, it must be clearly stated.
- Even a slight mistake in location, time, date or any other minute detail is going to play spoilsport.
- As a golden rule, proofread your invitation, again and again, to get everything sorted out. In case wrong invites have gone to the guests, call them up immediately, apologize and inform them about the changes or errors in the invitation.
- A misprinted invitation card or miscommunicated verbal invite is more than enough to make laughing stock of the anniversary and put you down in front of close friends or relatives.
- An extremely busy host who just doesn’t have time for attending his guests.
The entire anniversary becomes a joke when the married couple is missing or sitting in a room when the guests are waiting outside to have a glimpse of their unity and bonding. It’s terrible when the guests are everywhere, and the hosts are not to be seen. As we say, Missing In Action!
Emergencies knocking at your door on the eve of your wedding anniversary party
You have left everything in pending state until the last day. We guess you are a firm believer in procrastination.
- The decors are undone, the food arrangements aren’t ready, hiring a band for music, oh shit! You are bound to forget something or the other.
- Just one awkward situation has to turn up to take the winds out of your anniversary sails. You end with so much to do, and guests have already arrived. How embarrassing!
To avoid such scenes some smart steps like these need to be taken.
- Buy the food and drinks in advance
- Take out the clothes and send them to the laundry
- plan the songs play list weeks before the anniversary
- Decorate the hall or garden at least a day before the party.
- Rehearse your anniversary speech to avoid stupid talk when you have been asked to grace the occasion with your words.
A friend in need is a friend indeed. Keep your best buddies prepared to help you in the preparations in case of an emergency.
An anniversary dinner which your guests can’t eat is yet another anniversary disaster to avoid
- Keeping plenty of nonvegetarian items on the menu when the majority of your guests are vegans.
- Not taking care of their ailments or food allergies at the time of deciding the menu. Isn’t it pathetic that a diabetes patient goes starving after the anniversary, just because you forgot to keep some sugar free items?
- Trying to put up a surprise dinner menu without asking for suggestions from the guests at the time of invitation. Personalised dinner arrangements will inevitably transform your anniversary from just okay to fantastic.
- When it comes to catering for an anniversary, delicacy and diversity go hand in hand. Different age groups, diverse food choices, the variety of health conditions might call for all types of dishes to satisfy every family.
Count your guests before they miss the anniversary party
A grand anniversary ceremony becomes lifeless when most of the guests just don’t turn up at the judgment day.
- RSVPs are absolutely indispensable in modern-day invitations. A timely yes or no from your guests saves food, time and energy. RSVPs don’t guarantee the presence of guests but increase their chances of arrival.
- Uninvited guests simply don’t fit in a pre-planned anniversary. Check with your invites about the number of people coming along with them for the ceremony. Keep a backup plan for 10 to 15 extra guests and plan accordingly.
- Mature and assertive ‘no’ is the only respite in case trouble-making menace enters the anniversary scene. Better to avoid these guests politely than putting up a fight in front of other guests.
Keep a close eye on the drunkards, fighters and controversy lovers
Everything is going on joyfully, peacefully without any fuss. What do you are? An out of control guest has transformed the hall into a wrestling arena. Read a few quick fixes to keep these menace machines at bay.
- Ask one of your friends, relatives or servants to keep an eye on those consuming gallons of wine, as if all the liquor is going to Mars after the anniversary.
- Be prompt and alert enough to intervene when a heated argument is grabbing eyeballs. That one little argument might make a mess of your dream anniversary.
- One of your guests might lose common sense and start playing the fool. Don’t just sit and enjoy or your anniversary would turn out to be his day of glory. Every guest would remember that one special character till the next anniversary date.
It’s an entirely different ball game when you arrange the anniversary outdoors. The most significant enemies of an outdoor ceremony are the weather and distractions in the neighborhood. Make arrangements for foul weather, keep checking weather updates, have a chat with the people in the neighborhood, etc.
Once you have applied these basics before the anniversary, disasters would fail for sure, not your anniversary. We hope you enjoyed our post on Anniversary Disasters to avoid, please leave us a comment or tips if you have any to add. And we will add it here!